Seeing is understanding
PlantEngineer is more than just a drawing tool
Traditionally, drawing P&IDs was left to technicians. In many companies, P&IDs are still drafted and printed in a drawing department before being corrected by the process engineer. Changes are made by hand and then updated by the drafting technician. Instead, we view the P&ID as a design document for process engineers, allowing them to make changes more quickly and avoid errors. The act of drawing gives engineers a deeper understanding of their processes.
Your flow diagrams are your business cards
Consistent communication signals a high level of professionalism. Present your sophisticated plant concepts visually with flow diagrams and symbols that comply with the ISO 10628, DIN 28000, DIN EN 62424 standards for European and Asian markets and ANSI/ISA 5.1 and PIP for American markets.
Stand out from your competition with clearly structured flow diagrams!
The advantages of PlantEngineer at a glance
P&ID – the central document of the plant’s lifecycle
Symbols according to international industry standards
Easy to learn and intuitive to use
Representative reports directly from the P&ID
Ready to use – get started with your projects straight away
Integration into existing IT systems
Communication within global teams
Consistent data management
The Function List
Export and import data directly from the function list with PlantEngineer 2023.
With the function list you can easily configure custom views of all shape data on the drawing.
Quickly output these lists to Excel and transfer modified data there to the drawing with one click.
Configure your own labels with PlantEngineer 2023 & show/hide them on the shape.
The new label feature in PlantEngineer allows you to display text information directly on the shape. With the label configurator you customize the information individually and view-related.
Decide whether you want to activate the label for all or only for selected shapes on the drawing.
Add more color to your P&ID with PlantEngineer 2023.
With the new media feature, you can visualize piping media in color according to DIN 2403 or create your own media sets in no time at all.
The media wizard allows you to quickly and intuitively create your own color schemes and media that can be used across projects and applications.
Manage all projects easily and clearly with PlantEngineer 2023.
The Project Assistant helps you manage your projects and drawings. It guides you through the creation of a new piping and instrumentation diagram, lets you edit the project data in a few clicks and helps you add a subplant within the project to the new P&ID flowsheet.
Intelligent functions for structured flowsheets
Symbols Identification system Reports ReportDesigner Pipe management OperationMode
Symbols according to ISO10628, DIN28000, ANSI/ISA-5.1-2009, and PIP
Access more than 1,000 intelligent symbols form international industrial standards and create your own symbols to meet your individual requirements.
- ISO 10628 – Diagrams for the chemical and petrochemical industry
- DIN 28000 – Chemical apparatus – Documentation in the life cycle of process plants
- DIN 1861 – Refrigerating systems and heat pumps – System flow diagrams and piping and instrument diagrams
- DIN EN 12792- Ventilation for buildings – Symbols, terminology and graphical symbols
- DIN EN 62424 – Representation of process control engineering – Requests in P&I diagrams and data exchange between P&ID tools and PCE-CAE tools
- DIN 19227-1 – Control technology; graphical symbols and identifying letters for process control engineering; symbolic representation for functions
- ANSI-ISA-5.1 – Instrumentation Symbols and Identification
- PIP PIC001- Piping and Instrumentation Diagram – Documentation Criteria
Automatic identification system
Automatic numbering makes it easier to assign and edit the plant identifiers.
- Autonumbering according to DIN28000
- Autonumbering with a dedicated numbering system
- Autonumbering for 2 numbering schemes (internal and customer numbering system)
- Modify the numbering for the entire drawing or for selected plant components
Reports in Word & Excel directly from the P&ID
Create multilanguage lists, datasheets, instructions, and commissioning reports in Microsoft Excel or Word directly from the flow diagram.
- Each component is an object and is therefore uniquely assignable
- Component list, pipe list, apparatus list, aggregate list, electrical consumer list, ICA lists, nozzle list
- Datasheets for apparatuses, aggregates, and pumps
- System descriptions, functional descriptions, and commissioning reports
- MultiReports allows you to create more than one report at the same time
Customize reports for each customer
Customize your reports to meet your specific information requirements without needing any programming and create lists, datasheets, descriptions, safety descriptions in the blink of an eye.
- Easily design your reports with drag and drop
- Data representation as tables, text, graphics, and nested table elements
- Complex reports with integrated graphics and variable text elements
- Integration of external data sources (SQL, OBDC, XML, JSON)
- Integration of custom VB or C# scripts
OperationMode – Visualize and document different operating modes
The OperationMode feature allows you to visualize and document various aspects of the plant status.
- Visualize and document the plant operating status in color (colored P&IDs)
- Status matrix in Excel for easier editing
- Status matrix provides a foundation for programming
Create your own P&ID flow diagram today!
All information about the different licenses and prices of our P&ID software PlantEngineer can be found in our price overview.
PlantEngineer Editions - customized to your needs
P&ID software for
P&ID software for professionals & freelancer
P&ID software for power users
P&ID software for students & teachers
FAQ - Frequently asked questions
The P&ID is the birth certificate and life cycle document of process plant.
In plant construction projects, there are different task areas and roles with different information needs. The P&ID is the master document and the basis for a common understanding of the plant. The metadata of the P&ID can be provided for basic and detailed engineering or the installer in lists, data sheets or complete manuals.
The P&ID communicates functional relationships of process plant concepts to the customer and is already used in sales. Complex plant projects are very communication-intensive. The P&ID is the communication basis between the trades of process engineering, automation, 3D planning and electrical planning. The visual representation of the plant concept conveys the technical and functional relationships to all project participants at a glance. Integrated data graphics such as traffic lights, diagrams or colors provide a quick overview of the changes, order or commissioning status of the plant.
The Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) is the birth certificate and life cycle document of a process plant and is subject to most changes. The P&ID accompanies the plant from initial design through commissioning, operation and maintenance.
Microsoft Visio is easy and intuitive to use thanks to the Microsoft Office interface. Visio is widely used in many companies and is part of the standard. Our PlantEngineer software relies on Visio as a graphical platform, as Visio is particularly suitable for drawing schematic representations such as P&IDs.
Visio and PlantEngineer can be learned quickly without prior knowledge. We extend Microsoft Visio with a complete development environment for designing intelligent and standard-compliant P&IDs according to ISO10628 and automated documentation. Standardized, open interfaces allow integration of any data source. With PlantEngineer you get out of the box capabilities that go far beyond a simple drawing tool.
Close cooperation with the Microsoft Visio development team helps us to develop new innovative features for our customers.
You have further questions about PlantEngineer or want to solve a specific problem? Find detailed answers to frequently asked questions in our detailed FAQ.
Do you have further questions about our PlantEngineer P&ID software or our company?
Call us, write us an email or follow us on our social media channels. The X-Visual team is looking forward to your inquiries!